Garlock 3545 (White Sheet)
A high performance gasket sheet of microcellular PTFE outer layers with a rigid PTFE core. Ideal for use in low-load flange designs, such as glass-lined equipment, but still suitable for standard ASME raised-face steel flanges.
Garlock GYLON® gasketing is a family of flat PTFE gasketing materials. GYLON® high-performance PTFE gasketing is manufactured using a proprietary process that imparts unique physical properties, which are not obtainable through conventional manufacturing methods: Designed for severe chemical service, color-coded for easy identification, superior sealability, which helps reduce process and media loss as well as fugitive emissions, reduced creep and cold flow characteristics, and patented thermal bonding process to fabricate virtually any size gasket. The innovative GYLON® gasketing process reorients the PTFE and fillers in such a way to increase the material’s tensile properties and decrease the creep relaxation problems that usually plague PTFE products. In addition, the mixing process creates a homogenous material with consistent, superior physical properties that, unlike inexpensive skived PTFE sheet materials, do not fluctuate from one side of the sheet to another.
- Tighter seal
- Highly compressible PTFE outer layers seal under low bolt load- suitable for many non-metallic flanges*
- Compressible layers conform to surface irregularities, especially on warped, pitted or scratched flanges
- Rigid PTFE core reduces cold flow and creep normally associated with conventional PTFE gaskets
- Excellent chemical compatibility – Pure PTFE withstands a wide range of chemicals
- Easy to cut and install – Soft PTFE can be cut easily from larger sheets, reducing inventory costs and expensive downtime
- Rigid PTFE core facilitates installation, especially on large diameter flanges and hard-to-reach areas
*For flat face flanges, a minimum compressive stress of 1,500psi is recommended on the contacted gasket area for 150psig liquid service. Consult with the flange manufacturer to confirm that adequate compressive stress is available.
- Strong caustics
- Strong acids
- Glass-lined equipment
- Conforms to FDA regulations
Garlock GYLON 3545 Gasket Sheets are available in these sizes:
Note: Other thicknesses and sheet sizes may be available by special order.
|Max PXT 1/16”
|350,000 (°F X PSIG)
|Max PXT 1/8”
|250,000 (°F X PSIG)
ASTM F104 Line Call Out: