Garlock GYLON 3510 (Off-White Sheet)
Garlock GYLON 3510 PTFE with a Barium Sulfate Filler.
A high performance gasket sheet of PTFE with a barium sulfate filler that excels in high concentrations of caustics commonly found in the pulp and paper industries.
Garlock GYLON® gasketing is a family of flat PTFE gasketing materials. GYLON® high-performance PTFE gasketing is manufactured using a proprietary process that imparts unique physical properties, which are not obtainable through conventional manufacturing methods: Designed for severe chemical service, color-coded for easy identification, superior sealability, which helps reduce process and media loss as well as fugitive emissions, reduced creep and cold flow characteristics, and patented thermal bonding process to fabricate virtually any size gasket. The innovative GYLON® gasketing process reorients the PTFE and fillers in such a way to increase the material’s tensile properties and decrease the creep relaxation problems that usually plague PTFE products. In addition, the mixing process creates a homogenous material with consistent, superior physical properties that, unlike inexpensive skived PTFE sheet materials, do not fluctuate from one side of the sheet to another.
- Tighter seal
- Improved performance over conventional PTFE
- Reduced product loss and emissions
- Reduced creep relaxation
- Unique manufacturing process minimizes cold flow problems typical of skived and expanded PTFE sheets
- Excellent bolt torque retention
- Chemical resistance – Withstands a wide range of chemicals for extended service life in a wide variety of applications
- Cost savings – Cuts operational costs through reduced:- Fluid loss- Energy consumption- Maintenance costs- Inventory costs- Waste
- Strong caustics
- Moderate acids
- Cryogenics and aluminum fluoride (For oxygen service, specify “Style 3503 for oxygen service.”)
Garlock GYLON 3510 Gasket Sheets are available in these sizes:
|1/16”||X 60”||X 60”|
|1/8”||X 60”||X 60”|
Note: Other thicknesses and sheet sizes may be available by special order.
|Max Pressure||1,200 PSI|
|Max PXT 1/16”||350,000 (°F X PSIG)|
|Max PXT 1/8”||250,000 (°F X PSIG)|
ASTM F104 Line Call Out: